Newton Solney CE Infant School

About our school
Newton Solney School is a Church of England Voluntary Aided Infant School for
girls and boys aged four to seven years old. It is situated in the village of
Newton Solney between Repton and Burton-on-Trent, in the south of
Derbyshire, on the border with Staffordshire. There are currently around 60
pupils on roll from Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Leicestershire.

The school was built as a National School in 1860 by Sir Henry Every and
continued for many years in the original building. In more recent times the
buildings have gradually been extended to provide improved facilities for our
pupils.


Newton Solney Preschool

Our pre school is held in a unit at Newton Solney Infants school which consists of large classroom area separate toilets and cloakroom plus access to safe outdoor space, field and school hall.

First opened in 1972 it is now a registered charity financed by fees and fund raising activities.

We accept children from 2 years and 6 months until they go into reception class.